Kohler 20RCA 20kW 3-phase Generator with Aluminum Enclosure
Kohler 20RCA 20kW Generator Features:
Kohler 20RCA 20kW 60 Hz generator is an emergency standby generator designed for residential and commercial use. It features a reliable Kohler CH1000 4-Cycle, 30.9 HP, V-2 engine with maximum 3600 RPM. When grid power breaks down the hardworking generator keeps heating, cooling and security system running till grid power is restored. This dual fuel generator runs on LPG and natural gas. It produces 2000 watts with LPG and 1800 watts with natural gas.
- PowerBoost™ technology regulates voltage and provides instant response to load changes.
- The engine has hydraulic valve lifters that eliminate the need for expensive valve adjustments.
- The cylinder head is made of aluminum while the fuel solenoid valves are made of steel. The pistons are made of aluminum alloy.
- The oil tank is made of steel and stores 1.9 liters/2 quarts of oil. It has an oil drain extension with a shutoff valve.
- The alternator has a digital voltage regulator that guards all sensitive electronics against harmonic distortion and unsteady power.
- The aluminum enclosure has a hinged locking roof that allows easy access to the generator set controller for maintenance and service.
- Kohler 20RCA is offered in single-phase and 3-phase. Voltage options for 3-Phase include 120/208V, 120/240V, and 277/480V.
- Compatible with Kohler Model RXT transfer switch, programmable interface module (PIM), and load shed kit.
- 20RCA certifications and listings include cUL, UL 2200, CSA and EPA. Meets 181 mph wind rating.
- This model is backed by a premium 5-year/2000 hour limited warranty for on-grid applications.
Kohler 20RCA keeps supplying power to your home and business when grid power fails. Continue to run the day as usual and keep the cooling or heating running when the storm disrupts power lines. This user-friendly air-cooled model is designed for on-grid applications. In only 10 seconds, this Kohler generator restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner, major appliances, and electronics automatically. The electronic speed control reacts quickly to changeable household demand.
During a storm when LPG runs out, use the kitchen gas line to run the generator for hours at no end. Switching between natural gas and LPG fuels is easy. Excellent power quality protects all valuable electronics at home and work. 20RCA is ideal for use with sensitive devices with microchips such as computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
Both the generator set and transfer switch functions are managed by a single digital RDC2 controller, Use your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ device, PC or Mac® to read diagnostic messages for the engine, generator, RXT transfer switch, programmable interface module (PIM), and load management device.
Kohler 20RCA is easy to install and maintain. It has exceptional motor-starting capacity at 41kVA at 240V and runs as quietly as an air-conditioner making it a neighborhood-friendly option. The generator is ideal for use in seaside environments and extreme climates. It has an aluminum enclosure with a fade, scratch, and corrosion-resistant Power Armor automotive-grade textured cashmere finish that makes the generator more durable.
Generators made by Kohler, an award-winning company, come with the latest features to match the changing lifestyle of modern users. This generator can be installed outdoors, 18” from a structure. For storm-prone areas, use a 4” concrete mounting pad for installation. The model is shipped free of cost and comes with free technical support for life.
Really Like Generator but...Product Review Rating: 4/5
Posted by Dan on Apr 22, 2020
Overall very satisfied with the Kohler generator. This model was made with easy to remove panels for easy access however where the panels hook on there is a unprotected area where mice can get in. I ended up making sheet metal pieces to block those areas. The help I received from Kohler's customer service was less than helpful.