Please read the following terms, conditions and policies:
- Orders paid with a credit card usually ship within 1-2 business days of payment, based upon the availability of the product(s) ordered received. Items paid by check or money order are held for 5 business days before shipment.
- Although we offer free shipping for most our merchandise, some services and locations incur additional charges. Please see our free shipping policy for additional charges.
- Items weighing less than 75 pounds ship via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Ground. Please make sure your shipping address is deliverable by both carriers as we are not responsible for shipments returned as undeliverable. All orders over $100 require a signature upon delivery.
- Items weighing over 75 pounds ship via tractor trailer. Please ensure that your location can accommodate such equipment. See our shipping policy for more details.
- Please make sure the shipping address you provide is correct as the carrier will assess additional charges in the event you wish to change the shipping address after your order has left our warehouse. These charges vary and once determined, must be collected before an address change is authorized.
- We do not guarantee delivery dates and times of your merchandise. All transit times are approximate based on the information the carrier provides. Occasionally, circumstances out of the carriers’ control may occur which may cause an unusual delay. Some delays may include but are not limited to: weather, holidays, rural area constraints, lack of response by recipient, incorrect address information, etc. We are not responsible for any transit delays.
- Delivery of freight shipments is curbside only. Curbside is defined as where your address meets the street, typically your driveway. Carriers will not place your shipment, only remove it from the truck. Please ensure you have the means to move your shipment from the delivery point to the desired location.
- Liftgate service availability is determined by the carriers. Liftgate deliveries are to curbside only. This service is available for most freight shipments but NOT for certain liquid cooled generators (see below) and NOT for any diesel or mobile products. For these larger units, the customer must have a forklift and chains or a dock to remove from the truck. If delivery attempt is made without the appropriate equipment to offload the generator, a re-delivery charge or other fees may apply at the customer's expense.
- Generac - any liquid cooled at or below a 45kW can be liftgated
- Kohler - no liquid cooled can be liftgated
- Cummins – any liquid cooled at our below 25kW can be liftgated
- Briggs – any liquid cooled at or below 30kW can be liftgated
- Winco – no liquid cooled can be liftgated
- Receiving a Shipment with an Appointment:
- Inspect your shipment for damage. Refuse any shipment that is not in an acceptable condition. Contact us as soon as possible to report the refusal and we will ship you a replacement as soon as it is available. We are not responsible for damaged shipments. In the event you accept damaged merchandise, you incur all responsibility associated with repairing the damage as well as filing a claim with the delivering carrier to recoup any cost.
- Inspect your shipment for proper item count. Occasionally several items will ship shrink wrapped on one pallet and each will be itemized on the delivery receipt. Please make sure all items are present and accounted for before accepting the delivery. We are not responsible for missing items once the delivery is accepted without designation of missing item(s).
- Receiving a Shipment without an Appointment:
- Inspect your shipment for damage. If the shipment is not in an acceptable condition, you have 3 days from delivery to contact the delivery company to report the damage. Once the carrier has provided the next steps, contact us as soon as possible. We will work on the appropriate resolution which may include shipping a replacement as soon as it is available. We are not responsible for damaged shipments. In the event you do not report damaged within the time frame, you incur all responsibility associated with repairing the damage as well as filing a claim with the delivering carrier to recoup any cost.
- Inspect your shipment for proper item count. Occasionally several items will ship shrink wrapped on one pallet and each will be itemized on the delivery receipt. Please make sure all items are present and accounted for. If item(s) are missing, you have 3 days from delivery to contact the delivery company to report a shortage. Once the carrier has provided the next steps, contact us as soon as possible. We will work on the appropriate resolution which may include shipping a replacement as soon as it is available. We are not responsible for missing items. In the event you do not report the shortage within the time frame, you incur all responsibility associated with replacing the item(s) as well as filing a claim with the delivering carrier to recoup any cost.
- Please note, all packaging must be kept intact. If an item needs to be returned, it must be in the condition it was upon arrival. Carriers will not pick up any unpackaged merchandise. If this occurs, you incur all responsibility associated with repairing or replacing item(s) as well as filing a claim with the delivering carrier to recoup any cost.
- AP Electric does not guarantee lead-times or delivery dates. AP Electric maintains a consistent effort to be as up to date as possible. Due to unpredictable demands at certain times throughout the year (e.g., hurricanes and winter storms), all generator manufacturers may experience backlog issues at this time. The lead-times that are posted on the site and communicated through calls are the dates the manufacturers have provided to us. These dates are subject to change, even after orders are placed. The website is updated continuously with lead-times as they become available.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Payment is accepted in the form of US dollars only. We accept all major credit cards issued by US banks only.
- Payment by wire transfer must be issued from a US bank.
- Payment by personal, business and cashier's checks along with money orders are held for 5 business days before released for processing or shipment. Please note that we will not ship, order, nor hold product until full payment clears the bank. (Ship dates are not accurate when paying this method)
- If you use a coupon code that does not apply to your order, the difference will be charged to your credit card before the order is processed.
- We do not accept Purchase Orders or COD orders. All orders are prepaid and insures your place in which the order was received in back order scenarios.
- Your order will be charged in full whether or not the item is in-stock to guarantee your place in-line with other orders.
- All purchases are subject to sales tax based on applicable local law.
- Sales tax will be computed based on shipping destination within the United States.
- Orders dropped shipped from a manufacturer located in a state other than Wisconsin may be subject to the shipper’s state sales tax.
- Purchases in certain states, in which sales tax is not charged on internet purchases, may require the purchaser to report the purchase and pay required sales or use tax.
- Returns are happily accepted if the following conditions apply:
- A request for an RMA is made within 30 days of receipt of merchandise
- Merchandise is returned within 15 days of receipt of RMA
- Merchandise must be unused/uninstalled - not damaged and have all original packaging, accessories and instruction manuals as well as RMA #.
- Returned merchandise incurs a 20% restocking fee plus minus the actual shipping costs. (Although shipping is free to you, we do pay for shipping and the cost will be deducted from your refund).
- Refunds are given in the form of the original payment and will take up to 2 weeks for processing.
- Returns are not accepted for electronics, merchandise that is labeled “as is” or “special order” and non-stocked items.
- In order to request a cancellation, you are required to send email notification with your Name and Order Number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email confirmation receipt within 1-2 Business Days
- Cancellation requests made through any other methods will not be accepted
- Items marked with "As-Is", "Special Order" or "Build to Order" can only be canceled by notification no later than the next business day after placing your order. Cancellation requests for these items made after , will not be accepted.
- If you cancel/refuse an order which has already been shipped, you will be responsible for both the outbound and return shipping costs in addition to the 20% restocking fee
- In the event that a product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
- In the event you receive an item different than what you ordered, please contact us for prompt replacement.
- We do not guarantee compatibility or suitability of products sold for any particular application. Although every effort is made by us to recommend products best suited to your described needs, it is always recommended that you consult a licensed electrician to confirm your needs since we cannot perform an on-site evaluation. It is customer’s responsibility to fully research compatibility and suitability prior to purchase.
- Do not order items based on picture alone, as pictures may not be of actual product. Always refer to your owner's manual for actual part numbers when ordering.
- Areas such as California have specific emission standards for products used in their State. Emission information is provided by the manufacturer on our site to ensure a compliant product is selected. We are not responsible for items ordered from our site in disregard of compliance standards.
- All merchandise sold by us is warranted by the manufacturer and NOT A.P. Electric & Generator Supply. If you believe your merchandise is defective please contact the manufacturer of the product as it may be repaired or replaced under their warranty.
ORDERS ORIGINATING IN “DISASTER” AREAS (HURRICANES, ETC.)
- During these times, all sales are final. Requests for cancellations will not be accepted, unless it is due to an AP Electric error.
- Additional order processing and shipping times could occur.
- Transit times and delivery dates are not guaranteed.
- Manufacturer warranties may be voided when product(s) are shipped outside of the United States. Customers assume all risk of shipping and/or the use of products outside the United States. AP Electric & Generators, LLC EXPRESSLY DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY nor IS IT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS SHIPPED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
- Hazardous materials (example: batteries) shipped from AP Electric & Generators, LLC are packaged to meet regulations for US transport. The customer and exporter shall assume all responsibility and liability for shipping of any hazardous materials outside of the United States regardless of the method of transport (ship, plane or other). The use of any of AP Electric & Generators, LLC’s information for any means (including transportation outside of the United States) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ILLEGAL
- At the time of the delivery of the customer’s order to any freight forwarder or customer provided shipping address the shipment must be inspected for damage and item count. It is the customers responsibility to inspect the product(s) including removing packaging to identify and potential damage. Shipping packaging must be removed/opened for thorough inspection. Damaged shipments SHOULD NOT be accepted. IN THE EVENT DAMAGED IS ACCEPTED the CUSTOMER ASSUMES SOLE RESPONSIBITY to both make and manage the damage claim with the carrier. Make sure all items are present and accounted for. Missing items should be noted on the delivery receipt. Contact us immediately to report any damaged or missing items and we will promptly ship the necessary replacement items. DO NOT ACCEPT DAMAGED MERCHANDISE. AP Electric & Generators, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE for any damaged or missing items once the delivery receipt is signed without designation. In the event the customer accepts damaged or missing merchandise, the customer assumes ALL RESPONSIBILITY associated with the repair and replacement of damaged or missing merchandise. Occasionally several items will ship shrink wrapped together on one pallet and each will be itemized on the delivery receipt.
- Identification may be required after placing an international order(s} (passport or license).
- Terms and conditions must be followed to obtain OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) supplied promotions. You must read what is required, follow the directions and perform the necessary tasks within the required timeframe to obtain these promotions. In some cases, generators must be installed and registered by certain dates or the promotions will not be honored.
- AP Electric is not responsible for guidelines that are not adhered to by customers. These include but not limited to, submitting the proper paperwork by specified dates or installing generators within defined timeframes to obtain certain OEM promotions.
- We reserve the right to change pricing without notice at any time for any reason, to refuse the sale of any product at any time for any reason and to change our policies at any time without notice.