Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms, conditions and policies:
- Orders with IN STOCK items usually ship within 24 business hours of payment received. Items paid by check or money order are held for 5 business days before shipment.
- Items weighing less than 75 pounds ship via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Ground. Please make sure your shipping address is deliverable by both carriers as we are not responsible for shipments returned as undeliverable.
- Items weighing over 75 pounds ship via tractor trailer. Please ensure that your location can accommodate such equipment. See our shipping policy for more details and transit times.
- Liftgate service availability is determined by the carriers. Liftgate service is available for mosty freight shipments but NOT available for certain liquid cooled generators (see below) and Not available for any diesel or mobile products. For these larger generators, customer must have a fork lift/chains or dock to remove from semi. (If delivery attempt is made without the appropriate equipment to offload the generator, a re-delivery charge may apply at the customer's expense). Liftgate deliveries are to curbside only. These extra charges will only be charged if our carrier(s) bills us for them.
- Generac - any liquid cooled at or below a 45kW can be liftgated
- Kohler - no liftgate on any liquid cooled
- Cummins – any liquid cooled at our below 25kW can be liftgated
- Briggs – any liquid cooled at or below 30kW can be liftgated
- Winco – no liftgate of any liquid cooled
- Delivery of freight shipments is curbside only. Carriers will not place your shipment, only remove it from the truck. Please ensure you have the means to move your shipment from your driveway to the desired location.
- Inspect your shipment for damage. If shipping carton(s) show signs of potential damage remove/open carton for thorough inspection. Do not accept damaged merchandise. Contact us as soon as possible to report damage and we will promptly ship you a replacement. We are not responsible for damaged shipments. In the event you accept damaged merchandise, you incur all responsibility associated with filing a claim with the delivering carrier.
- Inspect your shipment for proper item count. Occasionally several items will ship shrink wrapped on one pallet and each will be itemized on the delivery receipt. Please make sure all items are present and accounted for before signing the delivery receipt as we are not responsible for missing items once the delivery receipt is signed without designation of missing item(s).
- Please make sure the shipping address you provide is correct as the carrier will assess additional charges in the event you wish to change the shipping address after your order has left our warehouse. These charges vary and once determined, must be collected before an address change is authorized.
- Although we offer free shipping of all for most our merchandise, some services and locations incur additional charges. Please see our free shipping policy for additional charges. Cancellation fee of 3% applies to our Free Shipping Policy.
- We do not guarantee delivery dates and times of your merchandise. All transit times are approximate based on the information the carrier provides. Occasionally, circumstances out of the carriers control may occur which may cause an unusual delay. Some delays may include but are not limited to: weather, holidays, rural area constraints, lack of response by recipient, incorrect address information, etc. We are not responsible for any shipping delays.
- All orders over $100 require a signature upon delivery.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Payment is accepted in the form of US dollars only. We accept all major credit cards issued by US banks only.
- Payment by wire transfer must be issued from a US bank.
- Payment by personal, business and cashier's checks along with money orders are held for 5 business days before released for processing or shipment. Please note that we will not ship, order, nor hold product until full payment clears the bank. (Ship dates are not accurate when paying this method)
- If you use a coupon code that does not apply to your order, the difference will be charged to your credit card before the order is processed.
- We do not accept Purchase Orders or COD orders. All orders are prepaid and insures your place in which the order was received in back order scenarios.
- Your order will be charged in full whether or not the item is in-stock to guarantee your place in-line with other orders.
- All purchases shipped to an AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WV address incur sales tax.
- Orders dropped shipped from a manufacturer in a State other than Wisconsin may be subject to their State's sales tax.
- AP Electric and Generators does not collect sales tax in RI or SD. Internet purchases from those states are not exempt from sales or use tax and those states require purchasers to file a sales or use tax return reporting all purchases for which no tax was collected.
- Returns are happily accepted if the following conditions apply:
- A request for an RMA is made within 30 days of receipt of merchandise
- Merchandise is returned within 15 days of receipt of RMA
- Merchandise must be unused/uninstalled and have all original packaging, accessories and instruction manuals as well as RMA #.
- Returned merchandise incurs a 20% restocking fee plus minus the actual shipping costs. (Although shipping is free to you, we do pay for shipping and the cost will be deducted from your refund).
- Refunds are given in the form of the original payment and will take up to 2 weeks for processing.
- Returns are not accepted for electronics, merchandise that is labeled “as is” or “special order” and non-stocked items.
- Orders being canceled that have not left our facility incur a 3% cancellation fee.
- Orders being canceled that have shipped are considered a return and the terms of our return policy apply.
- In the event that a product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
- In the event you receive an item different than what you ordered, please contact us for prompt replacement.
- We do not guarantee compatibility or suitability of products sold for any particular application. Although every effort is made by us to recommend products best suited to your described needs, it is always recommended that you consult a licensed electrician to confirm your needs since we cannot perform an on-site evaluation. It is customer’s responsibility to fully research compatibility and suitability prior to purchase.
- Do not order items based on picture alone, as pictures may not be of actual product. Always refer to your owner's manual for actual part numbers when ordering.
- Areas such as California have specific emission standards for products used in their State. Emission information is provided by the manufacturer on our site to ensure a compliant product is selected. We are not responsible for items ordered from our site in disregard of compliance standards.
- All merchandise sold by us is warranted by the manufacturer and NOT A.P. Electric & Generator Supply. If you believe your merchandise is defective please contact the manufacturer of the product as it may be repaired or replaced under their warranty.
ORDERS ORIGINATING IN “DISASTER” AREAS (HURRICANES, ETC.)
- During these times, all sales are final. Requests for cancellations will not be accepted, unless it is due to an AP Electric error.
- Additional order processing and shipping times could occur.
- Transit times and delivery dates are not guaranteed.
- Manufacturer warranties may be voided when product(s) are shipped outside of the United States. Customers assume all risk of shipping and/or the use of products outside the United States. AP Electric & Generators, LLC EXPRESSLY DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY nor IS IT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS SHIPPED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
- Hazardous materials (example: batteries) shipped from AP Electric & Generators, LLC are packaged to meet regulations for US transport. The customer and exporter shall assume all responsibility and liability for shipping of any hazardous materials outside of the United States regardless of the method of transport (ship, plane or other). The use of any of AP Electric & Generators, LLC’s information for any means (including transportation outside of the United States) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ILLEGAL
- At the time of the delivery of the customer’s order to any freight forwarder or customer provided shipping address the shipment must be inspected for damage and item count. It is the customers responsibility to inspect the product(s) including removing packaging to identify and potential damage. Shipping packaging must be removed/opened for thorough inspection. Damaged shipments SHOULD NOT be accepted. IN THE EVENT DAMAGED IS ACCEPTED the CUSTOMER ASSUMES SOLE RESPONSIBITY to both make and manage the damage claim with the carrier. Make sure all items are present and accounted for. Missing items should be noted on the delivery receipt. Contact us immediately to report any damaged or missing items and we will promptly ship the necessary replacement items. DO NOT ACCEPT DAMAGED MERCHANDISE. AP Electric & Generators, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE for any damaged or missing items once the delivery receipt is signed without designation. In the event the customer accepts damaged or missing merchandise, the customer assumes ALL RESPONSIBILITY associated with the repair and replacement of damaged or missing merchandise. Occasionally several items will ship shrink wrapped together on one pallet and each will be itemized on the delivery receipt.
- Identification may be required after placing an international order(s} (passport or license).
- Terms and conditions must be followed to obtain OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) supplied promotions. You must read what is required, follow the directions and perform the necessary tasks within the required timeframe to obtain these promotions. In some cases, generators must be installed and registered by certain dates or the promotions will not be honored.
- AP Electric is not responsible for guidelines that are not adhered to by customers. These include but not limited to, submitting the proper paperwork by specified dates or installing generators within defined timeframes to obtain certain OEM promotions.
- We reserve the right to change pricing without notice at any time for any reason, to refuse the sale of any product at any time for any reason and to change our policies at any time without notice.