General Shipping Policy
Our FREE shipping applies to virtually any address in the contiguous US (see below for more details). Note that there are some products that are an exception, such as transfer switches shipping alone, batteries or other hazardous materials and towable products. Some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. It is always the responsibility of the customer to ensure compatibility of the product with their application.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page. Shipping/transit times do not include the day of shipment.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item (if available) can usually be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
AP Electric ships most orders received before 12PM CST (M-F) same day. Orders received Friday after 12PM CST, Saturday, Sunday or holidays will be shipped the following business day. Built-to-order items ship within 6-8 weeks. Built-to-order items cannot be expedited.
Freight Delivery (Free on most orders)
Depending on the size of your order, your item(s) may ship via a freight company. Freight deliveries require a delivery time be scheduled and someone must be present at the time of delivery to inspect and sign for the merchandise.
- Freight transit/delivery times vary depending on carrier and location. Subject to change without notice.
- Free freight within most of the 48 contiguous United States only.
- Some areas require additional services to complete the delivery. These services may include but are not limited to high cost areas, ferry charges, remote locations and island deliveries. The fees for the additional service will be collected prior to shipping the order.
- Deliveries are made via semi-truck and trailer. Delivery can NOT be made to addresses that are not accessible by these vehicles such as rural roads, cul-de-sacs and private or one-way communities. Arrangements may be possible for these areas but this must be set-up prior to shipment to avoid delivery failure fees.
- Please CLICK HERE for a list of carriers that are frequently used
Ground Delivery (Free on most orders)
Orders shipping via "Standard - Business Address" will be delivered Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Orders shipping via "Standard - Residential Address" will be delivered Monday through Saturday (excluding holidays).
- Free ground within the 48 contiguous United States only. Items requiring freight can not be shipped ground.
- A package shipped via "Standard - Business Address" on Monday with a transit schedule of 2 business days, (not including the day the package is shipped) can be expected for delivery on Wednesday. A package shipped on Friday with a 2-day transit schedule can be expected for delivery on Tuesday.
- A package shipped via "Standard - Residential Address" on Thursday with a transit schedule of 2 business days, (not including the day the package is shipped) can be expected for delivery on Saturday. A package shipped on Friday with a 2-day transit schedule can be expected for delivery on Tuesday.
- Business Address - will be delivered Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
- Residential Address - will be delivered Monday through Saturday (excluding holidays).
- Most orders ship same day if received by 12PM CST (M-F) excluding holidays
- Some delays may occur and are not grounds for refund of expedited charges. Those include but are not limited to: weather, holidays, rural area constraints, lack of response by recipient, incorrect address information, etc.
Generators - Call for a quote
Parts - Add item to cart for quote
Overnight - Two Day - Three Day
- Options and pricing for parts are presented during the checkout process.
- Call us at 1-847-516-8882 for a rate quote on expedited generators.
- We do offer Saturday delivery for most expedited parts orders.
- Built-to-order and special order items cannot be expedited.
- Some delays may occur and are not grounds for reimbursement of expedited costs. These include but are not limited to: weather, holidays, rural area constraints, lack of response by recipient, incorrect address information, etc.
Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada
We currently do not offer free shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada, Orders delivered to these areas will contain an additional shipping surcharge. Options and pricing are obtained by calling us at 1-847-516-8882 for a quote.
Caribbean and other Countries
We currently do not offer shipping directly the Caribbean or other countries. Please CLICK HERE for guidelines on arranging orders delivering to these areas. You can call us at 1-847-516-8882 for assistance.
PO Boxes, APO/FPO, and International Addresses
We do not ship to APO/FPO, US Territories or other countries at this time. For security purposes, AP Electric DOES NOT ship to P.O. Boxes.
Lift Gate Policy
Liftgate service availability is determined by the carriers. Liftgate service is available for mosty freight shipments but NOT available for certain liquid cooled generators (see below) and Not available for any diesel or mobile products. For these larger generators, customer must have a fork lift/chains or dock to remove from semi. (If delivery attempt is made without the appropriate equipment to offload the generator, a re-delivery charge may apply at the customer's expense). Liftgate deliveries are to curbside only. These extra charges will only be charged if our carrier(s) bills us for them.
- Generac - any liquid cooled at or below a 45kW can be liftgated
- Kohler - no liftgate on any liquid cooled
- Cummins – any liquid cooled at our below 25kW can be liftgated
- Briggs – any liquid cooled at or below 30kW can be liftgated
- Winco – no liftgate of any liquid cooled
Delivery Appointment Policy
Delivery appointment is required if the person or location receiving the delivery needs to be notified prior to delivery. This option is automatically given to residential deliveries. If a delivery or an appointment is missed, re-delivery must occur and there will be a fee assessed to the consignee before this action is authorized.