Generac 7177 16kW Guardian Generator with Wi-Fi & 100A 16-circuit Transfer Switch
Generac Guardian 7177 Features:
- A Generac 2-cylinder 816cc G-Force engine that is purpose-built and pressure-lubricated. The cylinder block is made of non-corrosive aluminum and has a cast iron sleeve. The oil tank stores up to 2.2 quarts of oil.
- An air-cooled gas engine that runs on various speeds using the G-Flex variable speed technology. The engine has a dual fuel carburetion system and runs on liquid propane vapor or pipeline natural gas. The fuel system is configured during installation.
- A lot of protection systems. To protect itself, it shuts down when it senses low oil pressure, high temperature, over crank, over or under-speed, controller fault, wiring error, over or under voltage and so forth.
- A control panel that alerts the operator with an alarm when there is a faulty condition. Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to check the status of the generator 24/7 from around the globe.
- 16-circuits of power for of your home with a 100-amp, indoor and outdoor rated NEMA/UL 3R transfer switch with aluminum enclosure. There are 2 transfer switch options available, 100 amp 16 circuit switch or 200 amp service rated smart switch.
- The unit is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
Generac 7177 16kW residential standby generator is specially designed for modern homeowners. The unit protects your family when the power goes out. The generator kicks in within seconds of the outage and will run efficiently till the utility power returns.
This air-cooled model can be installed 18” away from a structure. The compact generator runs quietly and smoothly for as long as you want. It produces clean energy, has low emissions and has a built-in voltage regulator. Generac's® G-Force engine is purpose-built, and pressure lubricated. It can take heavy use while producing power that is more reliable and requires less maintenance than any competitive engine.
While most generators need maintenance every 100 hours, with this new model users can wait every 200 hours to perform maintenance tasks. This extended run capability makes the model a preferred choice with homeowners. The generator is housed in an aluminum enclosure that has the RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish, and is ideal for all weather conditions.
Homeowners with a 16kW unit often worry about the load. The Smart Management Modules manage the smart AC and balance the load so you can use home appliances without a worry. This model has gone through rigorous safety testing and is UL 2200 listed. It can power up a sump pump, refrigerator, air conditioner, furnace, computer, monitor, TV, lights, microwaves and more.
Modern electronics like HVACs, refrigerators, laptops, cell phones, and tablets have microchips and micro-circuitry that is easily damaged with voltage surges. TRUE POWER™ TECHNOLOGY delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for the clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
Save money on installation and get peace of mind when you buy Generac® home standby generators. All backed by 24/7/365 customer support and a nationwide dealer network of more than 6,000 strong, the best in the market.
16KW GeneracProduct Review Rating: 5/5
Posted by Dale Larson on Nov 13, 2020
The generator works good and looks nice . The phone App needs improvement.
GENERAC 7177 16KW GUARDIAN GENERATOR WITH WI-FI & 100A 16-CIRCUIT TRANSFER SWITCHProduct Review Rating: 5/5
Posted by Michael K. on Jul 09, 2020
We love our generator. It has been installed for about a year and was ordering a maintenance kit so was about time I let people know what I thought.
Well it works great. These generators really do what they say they will do. 4 outages last year from 5 hours to 2 days. Worked perfectly each outage. Wish I would have bought one sooner.
Electrician Screwed upProduct Review Rating: 5/5
Posted by Unknown on Dec 13, 2019
Electrician screwed up when he first came out and told me I had 100 Amp panel after I got the Generator, they installed the transfer box and said now I have 200AMPS, so now if the power goes off no heater and when my wife call and asked about exchanged the switch the person on the other end wasn't sure that the 200 would work or not, so we just had them wire up what we had, not a happy camper