Cummins Onan P4500i 3700W Electric Start Portable Inverter Generator Features:
Cummins Onan P4500i Features:
Cummins Onan P4500i is designed to be a durable, dependable, ultra quite partner on adventure trips. Its 7.3 HP, 224cc OHV 4-Stroke Cummins engine produces 3700 running watts and 4500 peak watts. This remote start model features a rotating digital display that shows the remaining fuel, run-time left on tank, the power load and lifetime run hours. Above 2000ft a carburetor kit is required to operate the unit. The safe and silent inverter technology design offers a clean power source for people on the go.
- Cummins Onan P4500i powers 120V, 12V and 5V items such as laptop, TV, cell phone, refrigerator and more.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) of <3%, makes it safe for use with sensitive electronics.
- The Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) protects appliances and equipment while preventing overload.
- Onan P4500i uses Unleaded Gasoline, 10% Ethanol or less. It has a 3.4-gallon fuel tank made of steel.
- This fuel-efficient Cummins inverter model has a gasoline fuel gauge. It can run for 18 hours on 25% load and 15 hours on 50% load.
- It features four outlets: one Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) AC outlet, two 5V USB ports that are DC outlets and one 120V 30A (TT-30R), which makes it RV ready.
- Safety features include automatic low-oil shut down, covered outlets, spark arrestor, and overload protection.
- The P4500i is EPA and CARB compliant.
- It has a telescoping handle for easy transportation and comes with a wheel kit.
- Onan P4500i is backed by a residential warranty of 3 years and a commercial warranty of 1 year.
It can be run parallel with another inverter generator to get more power. Users can start it from as far as 109 yards. Use the two 5V USB ports to charge sensitive electronics such as tablets and cell phones. On 3.4 gallon of fuel, the Onan P4500i generates clean and dependable power for 18 hours. The low THD ensures the safety of your sensitive electronics so you can keep connected with family and friends while away. Onan P4500i is perfect for the RV, camping, hunting, tailgating, and working at remote sites. When grid power fails, use the Onan P4500i as a backup source of power. All Cummins models are backed by the Cummins 24/7 global support network.
Purchased at local RV dealer. Very easy setup, It fired right up. We ran it all last summer camping, 95 degrees F or so at the hottest time of day, with it almost fully loaded (using our AC unit), and it never gave up. In direct sunlight under those conditions, the breaker would pop after about 20 minutes. So I'd reset, and put the generator in the shade as best I could, maybe run the camper AC on low instead of high. If the breaker does pop it takes a bit to allow a reset so it's probably a thermal overload device (not magnetic or electronic). But it'll reset in no more than 30 seconds. Later in the year I used it out hunting. Temperatures as low as 0 degrees F, maybe lower at night, and no problem. It does well on fuel even loaded up. I'd fill it maybe once an evening after a day of running the AC. The wheels and handle have held up well between me dragging it through the dirt and bushes, loading it in and out of the camper/truck, etc. It's fairly lightweight for it's size too. The handles make it easy to lift properly. I would purchase this again. I lost the battery cover though, it's just a thin piece of plastic. I have struggled big time trying to get a replacement. Even the RV dealer couldn't get one. So that's really my only complaint, and it's not even a big deal. Oh and most importantly, VERY quiet like an invertor gen is supposed to be. I put it on the side of the camper opposite of where we sit, and can faintly hear it. Just enough to know if it tripped out or ran out of fuel. At night in the camper, I can hear it of course but faintly. I still wouldn't leave it running all night in a public campground though.
Cummins 4500i Inverter Generator
Worked great out of the box. Then one week later it surges every time you start it and you have to manipulate the choke to get it to stop. Been using for 30 hours now and still low change. Have to go thru warranty now which is a pain in the butt because the closest dealer is 80 miles away.
Cummins Onan P4500i
I ordered this generator 6-09-2020 It finally came in 8-28-2020 the day before I left on vacation I took it with me and took it out of the box and it would not run. I was very disappointed. Now I have to drive 80+ miles one way and drop it off to be worked on. And then drive back to get it. I will have 320+ miles driving to get it fixed.
Great Customer Service
Ordered a Cummins Onan P4500i Saturday evening, called Monday morning for an approximate ship date, received an email confirming it would go out that afternoon, had delivery on Wednesday. Couldn't ask for more.
As for the generator, I'll have to follow up with my experience; it's still in the box.