Briggs & Stratton 040661 17kW PowerProtect Generator with Aluminum Enclosure Features:
Briggs & Stratton 17kW 40661 PowerProtect Generator Features:
- The all-new Briggs & Stratton 17kW 40661 features a robust commercial-grade Vanguard® 993cc V-2 engine with a maximum of 3600 RPM. It has improved controls and automatic voltage regulation. The air-cooled gas generator runs on LP and natural gas.
- This 60Hz model is offered in a 120/240v single-phase configuration. Engine noise and vibration are reduced by the dynamically balanced crankshaft. The engine has OHV cylinders with cast iron sleeves and overhead valves with hardened seats.
- The oil tank stores 78 oz / 2.31 L of Schaeffer full synthetic (5W30) and makes this a low-maintenance generator. The oil system shields the engine from sludge buildup and deposits. Advanced debris management keeps the engine clean and cool so the unit can deliver optimal performance for long hours.
- Voltage spikes damage micro-circuits of modern electronics. The Automatic Voltage Regulator protects the sensitive electronics against voltage fluctuations. Total harmonic distortion is < 5.
- The controller has a digital display to check the oil level, battery status, runtime, etc. InfoHub Wireless Monitoring System offers real-time generator status updates from remote locations using smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
- The hinged roof and removable panels of the aluminum enclosure ensure tool-less access for quick service and maintenance. This gray enclosure incorporates a durable scratch- and corrosion-resistant powder finish.
- This Power Protect Series generator can be installed 18 inches from the house.
- The Briggs & Stratton 17kW 40661 listings include cUL, UL 2200, and Massachusetts Plumbers and Gasfitters Listing.
- This PP17 model is backed by 6-year limited warranty that includes parts, labor, and travel.
A Briggs & Stratton 17kW 40661 gas generator keeps you, your family, and your home safe when grid power fails. It generates ample power to run two 4-ton air conditioners, computers, refrigerators, ovens, and other home appliances. Storms and wildfires can disrupt the power supply for several hours or days. This dual-fuel air-cooled gas generator needs no refueling and will continue to keep the family safe and comfortable until grid power is restored. You can connect it with the kitchen gas feed for an unlimited supply of fuel when the LP cylinder runs out. Changing between LP and natural gas is easy. This air-cooled model is easy to use and maintain and is perfect for a medium or a large home. It is more compact, quieter, and more powerful than other generators of its class.
This Briggs & Stratton 17kW 40661 is ideal for all climates with its quick motor starting capability of 41kVA. For operation of this model below 1 °C, the cold-weather kit is required. Symphony® II ATS or Amplify™ Power Management is optional and offers simplified prioritized whole-house power. The smart load management system manages the additional load efficiently and allows you to specify (and modify) your power needs via a cell phone. The optional automatic transfer switch offers the comfort and convenience of generator power without the need for manual operation of the system. With less than 5% total harmonic distortion, it is perfect for use with modern electronics with micro-chips. This PP17 generator is shipped free of cost and includes free technical support for life. All Briggs & Stratton products are backed by a nationwide dealer network and call center experts.