Briggs & Stratton 40396 20kW Generator with Dual 200A SE Transfer Switch
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEE SUGGESTED REPLACEMENT(S) BELOW.
The Briggs & Stratton 40396 20kW Air-Cooled Standby Generator provides reliable backup power for homeowners during a power outage. This generator makes sure your appliances stay on so you and your family aren’t left in the dark. Includes outdoor/indoor NEMA 3r rated automatic power transfer switch, providing flexible installation.
Briggs & Stratton 40396 Features:
- Thanks to Symphony II Power Management System, a smaller home generator system by Briggs & Stratton can meet all your needs and save you money in the process.
- This 20kW with Symphony II Power Management can manage a home, up to 12,000 square feet with a 5-ton air conditioner saving you thousands less than a previously required larger, liquid cooled unit
- Includes Dual 200 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch
- Reliable, commercial-grade Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine handles the most demanding jobs
- Compliancy with the NFPA 37 standard means it can be placed as close as 18” from your home for flexible placement3 options — perfect for tight lot lines.
- Automatically turns on the backup generator for your home in seconds after sensing a power outage
- Comprehensive 5-year parts, labor and travel limited warranty
- This standby generator is available for sale in all 50 states
- Rated for operation in areas with low natural gas pressure. This home generator can operate at 3.5’’ to 7’’ water column.
TECHNICAL SPECS & DOWNLOADS
Briggs & Stratton 40396 20kw.Product Review Rating: 4/5
Posted by Luke K on Mar 23, 2015
I had been considering a whole house standby generator for about 18 months. I just got sick of being with our power a couple of times of year. I had a portable generator that I have been using when power goes out. It will get you by in the pinch but also sort of a pain as well. So last fall I made the investment in whole house standby generator. I ordered the Briggs & Stratton unit from AP Electric and they were very easy to work with and the unit arrived in couple of days. i Had my local electrician install it and said it was a very straight forward installation. Only one minor power outage for a couple hours since installation but the unit performed how it should. I am happy with my purchase so far and I have nothing but good things to say about AP.