Kohler 12RESV 12kW Generator Features:
Kohler 12RESV 12kW Generator Features:
- KOHLER engine with an efficient OHV design giving powerful, reliable air cooled performance
- Premium power quality - +/-1%-Voltage regulation and less than 5% harmonic distortion protects your most sophisticated electronics from damage
- Powerful performance - exclusive PowerBoost technology allows you to run central air and other large appliances all at the same time (based on generator and load size)
- Fast response - automatically restores power in as little as 10 seconds
- Quiet operation - low decibel levels similar to central air unit and rated according to EGSA (Electrical Generating Systems Association) standards
- Meets 181 MPH wind rating
- Bold new KOHLER design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish
- Premium warranty - 5-year/2,000-hour limited warranty
- Automatic Transfer Switch Sold Separately- RXT Automatic Transfer Switch is compatible with this generator
Every 12RESV comes standard with OnCue. Plus, our remote monitoring system, which gives you peace of mind at home no matter where you are in the world. Whether you’re home or away, your KOHLER Generator will automatically kick in whenever the power goes out. Restoring power in as little as 10 seconds, KOHLER Generators have extraordinary reliability and quiet operation similar to a central air conditioner. KOHLER backs each generator with a 5-year/2,000-hour limited warranty. From our first generator in 1920 to our bold new lineup now, KOHLER Generators are a trusted brand by hospitals, airports and the National Weather Service.
Machine operated great had easy installation 2 Koehler stand by just a little disappointed about OnCue not able to start generator when I want other wise good product
After 2 years of periodic research, I decided that the 12RESV generator was the best fit for my standby power needs. Kohler has a long history of building quality generators; other heavily marketed brands just don't fair well when you evaluate the quality of individual components used. My Kohler-certified installer had this 12RESV up and running in about 6 hours -- started on the first crank. He mounted it to a thick, reinforced concrete pad I had constructed. There is zero discernible vibration on the pad from the generator -- very well internally dampened. With the top cover closed, the 12RESV is very quiet -- noticeably quieter than a ride-on lawn mower. I'm running this on natural gas, backing up power to a 100A panel containing all of my critical devices (e.g., sump pump, furnace fans, aerobic system, etc.). My 12RESV was manufactured in April 2015, so it had been in a warehouse a full year before I ordered it. Utilizing a Kohler-certified installer, the 5-year warranty started the day it was installed. Nice to have the peace of mind an on-demand, stand-by generator brings. With frequent power outages due to Oklahoma's tornadoes, high winds and ice storms, I'm happy to have a Kohler waiting to kick on!
Good unit , easy to install, and works great for home owners
This thing fired right up and after initial programming was performed it works like it is supposed too! My only complaint was the shipping carton wrapped around it allowed the carton to rub the unit and take the paint off in one small area. Other than this I have not complaints about the quality or construction.
Bought this Kohler 12RESV 12 kW generator because the foot print of the generator is much smaller than that of other generator manufacture's. Easy install. Great price and came with a free battery that saved me about $100. Would buy again
Not much to say besides Kohler makes a great 12kW generator. We did not need to power up all the circuits in our house and that was the reason we went with the Kohler 12RESV 12kw generator. Very pleased with its performance so far. Great order tracking from AP Electric. We had lots of questions before our purchase. These guys really know there stuff.
I was thrilled when Kohler came out with the 12resv because I only needed about 10kw for my generator and was going to go with a 14resa. From what I can tell the "L" are not as good of models so I bought the single generator and then got an ASCO switch to use with it. Couldn't have been any easier than that. On top of that a free faucet came with it, not exactly my choice to get it however it is pretty cool. I had it installed and it works like the auto-faucets in buildings. Your price was about the same as everyone else and you had it in stock. Happy with buying my residential generator and doing business with AP.