Westinghouse WGen9500DF 9500W Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator with Wireless Remote Start Features:
Westinghouse WGen9500 Features:
Westinghouse WGen9500 features a robust air-cooled 13.5 HP 457cc Westinghouse OHV 4 Stroke engine with 3600 RPM. It has an operational volume as low as 74 dBA. The professional grade model is transfer switch ready and requires little maintenance.
- There are 3 starting system options: Electric, Remote, and Recoil. Remote control allows you to start it from 109 yards. The model comes with a free battery and a free battery charger.
- The gasoline running watts are 9,500 and peak watts are 12,500.
- WGen9500 features the Pulse-Flo (TM) super quiet muffler.
- It features Full Panel Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) to protect the house and the RV from electric incidents. It is EPA, CSA, and CARB Compliant.
- The circuit breakers shut off the engine in the event of an overload.
- The model is transfer switch ready (Key Fob Included).
- Spark Plug Torch F7TC is included in the package.
- WGen9500 features automatic low oil shutdown. The recommended oil for this model is SAE 10W-30.
- The steel fuel tank stores up to 6.6 gal. (25 L) of Unleaded Gasoline, 10% Ethanol or less.
- At a 25% load, it gives a run time of 17.5 hours while at 50% load it runs for 12 hours.
- Heavy duty wheel kit is included. The 10 inches wheels and fold-down handle make it easy to transport.
- AC outlets include two GFCI 120V 20A (5-20R), one 120/240V 30A (L14-30R) which is transfer switch ready, one 120/240V 50A (14-50R) which is also transfer switch ready. While DC outlets include two 5V USB Ports.
- It has a built-in meter that displays volts, frequency, and lifetime hours.
- The model is backed by a residential warranty of 3 years and a commercial warranty of 1 year.
Westinghouse WGen9500 is a portable generator designed for RV and residential use. The robust engine has a cast iron sleeve which makes it more durable. This transfer switch ready model is easy to move around with the never go flat 10 inch tires and fold-down handle. It generates 9,500 running watts and 12,500 peak watts which are ample to run an AC, a sump pump, refrigerator or freezer, electric stove, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer, furnace fan, and other household appliances. Users can directly charge cell phones and tablets using the two DC 5V USB charging ports. All outlets have rubber covers to keep moisture and debris out.
Safety features such as overload prevention and low-oil shutoff give the users peace of mind. WGen9500 is safe for sensitive electronics such as computers, laptops, cell phones and digital cameras. It is used as an emergency source of power during a grid power failure. Sound attenuation features, heavy-duty performance, 109 yard remote start and low cost make it a preferable option for those looking for a professional grade yet affordable standby portable gas generator.
Westinghouse WGen9500 runs for 17.5 hours on a 25% load and 12 hours on a 50% load. The price is low and financing options are available.
The heavy-duty professional grade WGen9500 comes with a battery, battery charger, key fob, oil, funnel, tool kit, manual and quick start guide. Along with the residential and commercial warranties buyers also get lifetime technical support.
We've just finished the set-up with an electrician, most house functions continued as normal (no large appliances, but everything else, including HVAC and water heater). I am happy to be prepared for our next outage!
Easy to set up and get running. I concur with the other 5 star ratings
I'm an older guy, with some medical issues and the thought of buying a pull start generator that would barely keep my essential home items running was not an option. I researched a bit and when I found this unit, it was like a dream come true. The ability to run 99.9% of my home, & the electric start sold me, but it got better! The remote start fob, the dual fuel capability and the included trickle charger were the finishing touches.
Attaching the wheels & the landing legs were a breeze and pairing the remote fob to the generator was very simple. In about 45 minutes from the time I opened the box I had it running on propane. It cranked 3X and started.
One note, as I said I'm an older guy and this unit weighs about 225 lbs., moving it around was quite an effort...BUT...I did buy a small furniture dolly that I can slip in between the landing legs when it has to be moved around and then removed when I'm going to use the generator.
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PORTABLE GENERATOR FOR POWER OUTAGES THIS IS THE GENERATOR. I'M ABLE TO RUN MY A/C AND REFRIGERATORS AT THE SAME TIME ON PROPANE OR GAS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS GENERATOR.
All the bells and whistles took about 15 minutes by myself to put wheels on and front feet hooked up battery filled with oil hooked up propane started instantly.
Provided plenty of power to run my house during a massive power outage, ran for 9 hours straight on propane.
Haven’t had a chance to use it I just contracted an Electrition to bring its power to my breaker box .The unit itself is a beauty and AP had it at a good price although it took almost two months to get it but it’s because CA take over of the power and clamor for portable generators
Required a small amount of assembly, directions very easy to follow and started right away on propane. Only did a test run, but seemed to run everything that I needed to on the 50 Amp outlet.
I sold my 5 year old Honda 7K generator to buy this one.
I received it by truck on a crate with no damage.
Everything you need except gas and or LP is included.
I hooked up my Bar A Que tank and put in 2 gallons of Tru Fuel in it and hit the key fob. It started right off!
The system will do 3 attempts to start when you start it.
Turned the switch to LP and tried it again, started right off!
If you have it on gas it takes a few minutes to stop after you hit the off on the fob. If you are using LP starts faster and stops faster also. I have tested it about a dozen times over a few weeks, and found it to be very reliable!
Highly recommended to buy this generator and not look any further!