Kohler 14RCAL-100LC16 14kW Generator with Aluminum Enclosure and 100A 16-circuit Transfer Switch
Kohler 14RCAL-100LC16 14kW Generator Features:
This Kohler 14kW 60 Hz generator comes with a 100Amp 16 circuit transfer switch. It runs on a reliable Kohler CH740 4-Cycle, 20.5 HP, V-2 engine with maximum 3600 RPM. The Kohler Command PRO OHV engine is designed for tough commercial applications. It has the hydraulic valve lifters that eliminate the need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments. Run it on LPG or natural gas from your kitchen line for an unlimited supply of fuel.
- Kohler 14RCAL-100LC16 is an air-cooled standby generator that features the Powerboost technology to provide excellent starting power.
- RDC2 Controller manages both the generator set and transfer switch functions.
- OnCue Plus Generator Management System allows for remote monitoring.
- Digital voltage regulator guards all sensitive electronics against harmonic distortion and unsteady power.
- Removable enclosure panels allow for easy access without the use of tools for maintenance and service.
- Compatible with Programmable interface module (PIM) and PowerSync Automatic Paralleling Module (APM) (single-phase only) which lets you use two 14kW residential generator sets with the RDC2 controller.
- This model is easy to install. The sturdy aluminum base can be mounted on gravel or a concrete mounting pad.
- Meets EPA emission regulations with both natural gas and LPG. It is UL 2200/cUL listed and CSA certified. It meets 181 mph wind rating.
- This model is backed by 5-year/2000 hour limited warranty.
Kohler 14RCAL-100LC16 is a user-friendly dual fuel model with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine. It is more reliable than other models on the market. In a matter of seconds, this Kohler generator restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner, major appliances, and electronics automatically.
Sensitive electronics have microchips and microcircuits that get damaged by voltage surges. Kohler generators protect your valuable electronics due to advanced voltage and frequency regulation systems and ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion. The power produced is of very high quality. The 16-circuit transfer switch allows you to choose the rooms or appliances you want to power in case of a utility power outage.
Powerboost technology allows the generator to start quickly and respond to additional load demands efficiently. Users can switch between natural gas and LPG fuels easily. It is ideal for use with modern refrigerators, security systems, computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
RDC2 controller has a 2-line backlit LCD screen display that allows you to check the status of the unit and system settings. This 3-phase generator has extraordinary motor-starting capacity at 33kVA at 240V. The 3-phase system produces three separate waves of power, delivered in a sequence to ensure a continuous uninterrupted flow of power that never drops to zero. This makes three-phase generators more desirable than single-phase generators.
This model can be installed outdoors only. You can install it 18” from your home or small business. It has a nice-looking aluminum enclosure that is weather and impact resistant. For storm-prone areas, use a 4” concrete mounting pad for installation. The transfer switch can be installed indoors only. Kohler 14RCAL-100LC16 is shipped free of cost and comes with free technical support for life.
I really can not write a review right now, because, my generator is not connected to my home.Product Review Rating: 5/5
Posted by Carl M. Troxler on Dec 14, 2020
The reason is the connection is not done is the ATSwitch that I thought I ordered with the generator should have been just a ATSwitch without the sixteen circuit breaker box. I can not return!