Kohler 12RESVL-100LC12 12kW Generator with 100A 12-circuit Transfer Switch Features:
The 12kW KOHLER generator automatically restores power in just 10 seconds with the reliable KOHLER Series 7000 V-twin engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications. Included with this unit is a 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch (ATS) with 12-space load center that monitors the electricity coming from the utility. With the ability to run on natural gas (11kW) or liquid propane (12kW), KOHLER generators connect to existing fuel supplies to provide premium voltage power with frequency regulation that also protects valuable electronics. KOHLER’s PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other major appliances and electronics. With the OnCue® Plus remote monitoring system, you can access real-time status updates on your generator from anywhere using smartphone, tablet, or PC. The 12kW KOHLER generator features a quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation and new enclosure design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish.
Kohler 12RESVL-100LC12 12kW Generator Features:
- Automatically restore power in just 10 seconds with the premium power of a Kohler generator that delivers advanced voltage and frequency regulation while still protecting valuable electronics
- Compatible to run on natural gas (11W) or liquid propane (12kW) with simple switching between natural gas and liquid propane in the field
- Includes RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 12-space load center
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Series 7000 V-twin engine with efficient OHV design PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- OnCue® Plus remote monitoring system provides real-time status updates on your generator from anywhere using smartphone, tablet, or PC
- Easy-to-use, RDC2 LCD controller provides integrated control for the generator set, Kohler Model RXT transfer switch, programmable interface module (PIM), and load shed kit
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Bold new Kohler enclosure design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish
- Standard 5-year/ 2000-hour limited warranty backed by Kohler’s reliability and performance
Looks good haven't used it yet but the lock in the lid does not function
Great unit , small footprint highly recommended
Update One year later
Reviewed earlier about my personal install, etc. but we had a power outage here due to ice storm in February, power was out for 5 days. Kohler generator kicked in like it was supposed to, ran for 103 hours solid, no issues. I shut it down on Friday afternoon, changed oil and filter, fired back up and it ran the rest of the day into Saturday mid day when power returned. Generator shut off perfectly. It runs weekly exercise/diagnostics on schedule with no issues. Service is easy and straight forward for the oil change and I did change out the spark plugs after power returned, easy as well. Now all the neighbors want to know what I have and stuff since I was the only house in the neighborhood with power all week....lol. Highly recommend Kohler. My first reviews is titled Great generator, simple install, did it myself, etc. You won't go wrong with Kohler in my opinion.
Kohler Kuality (Quality)
I have a neighbor with a frequently advertised brand of Generator.
My new Kohler impressed him compared to the one he purchased.
The Kohler is quieter, starts up faster and has a smaller foot print. He even asked me if I paid extra for the aluminum body.
It pays to shop around.
Good brand but...
Remember, this is only a backup generator, meant to run for hours, not days or weeks. Being air cooled and running at 3600 RPM’s, it won’t hold up if you have a long term power failure. I had this problem when we had a two week long power failure. Even though I shut it down and did an oil change half way through, the generator now burns oil and doesn’t always start on weekly exercise cycles. If all you feel you need is occasional short term backup power, it’s ok the price.
Great generator, simple install
Bought here and installed myself. If you have ever done any electrical work like wiring a breaker box etc, it is easy to do. I poured a 36 inch square slab to sit it on. Ran wires and had all conduit ran into basement prior to ordering. Once it arrived, which was right on time, hooking it up was easy to do. Plumbed in gas, hooked up wires the started the swap over to the transfer switch from my main panel. I took my time there, neatly building panel, marking wires, etc. Generator fired up like a charm. Ran a test with several items in the house on and it started my AC unit with barely a change in the sound at the generator. It has ran it's weekly tests as scheduled with no issues. Do some research and you can do it yourself. If your not comfortable, then by all means get an electrician or an installer to do it. Saved money by ordering here due to no sales tax charged.
Our 12kw Kohler generator arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Nice job. Also thanks for the help in sizing the generator it powers up everything we wanted to back up.
We love our Kohler 12RESVL generator that we purchased from AP Electric. We especially like the compact foot print of the generator. Much quiter than we expected. Nice generator would recommend
No problems on our odereof Kohler's 12RESVL 12kw generator with transfer switch. As promised it shipped the same day we ordered and arrived 2 days later.