Generac RG02724 Protector QS Series 27kW Generator
The Protector™ Series is a full line of automatic backup generator systems that power essential appliances and modern technologies during power outages, allowing homeowners and their families to continue living life comfortably and without interruption. They are the most affordable backup power solution for larger homes, and are equipped with advanced technologies that enables 24/7/365 system monitoring and quiet operation. The smart, efficient design allows homeowners to continue taking advantage of their property space, while keeping fuel costs low. These features combined with Generac’s 55-year history of design, engineering and manufacturing excellence makes a Protector Series generator not only the best choice, but the only choice when it comes to investing in a backup power solution.
Generac RG02724 Features:
- TRUE POWER TECHNOLOGY Delivers best-in class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- ACCESSIBLE CONNECTION POINTS Connections between utility and transfer switch are easy. Controller and breaker are visible and easily accessible through viewing window. This is required by NEC code. Improved customer connection access which will decrease installation costs.
- EVOLUTION CONTROLLER Multi-lingual, LCD Evolution controller with illuminated membrane pad controls with covered fuse and USB port for field software upgrade capability. Equipped with an external viewing window for quick status check of both the generator and mainline breaker position. Includes window prop to keep the window open during interaction. Includes hasp located on the bottom of the viewing window for padlock capability Protector Gas utilizes the evolution controller. Improvements compared to Nexus include USB flash capability, smart battery charging, voltage adjustment, and a quad-lingual display including Portuguese. The next generation of intuitive controllers features a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- WARRANTY Improved Warranty - Standard 5 year 5,7 10 year Extended Warranties Available
- ALUMINUM ENCLOSURE Aluminum enclosures provide enhanced durability and corrosion resistance in multiple areas including coastal and salt-ware environments.
- QUIET TEST/QUIET SOURCE Thanks to Quiet-Test, your Protector generator runs its weekly self-test at a lower RPM All Protector products feature a Quiet Test (exercise mode) Premium Line – Protector QS offers a lower overall sound levels under normal load conditions as well as in exercise mode.
- EASY MAINTENANCE ACCESS Three of the four sides easily come off for simple service or maintenance access Increase the roofline 4” on the Protector Gas C1 enclosure for improved service access to the oil fill and air filter on the 2.4 Mitsubishi engine. This has been a common complaint on C1 QT product.
- MOBILE LINK Mobile Link Compatible - Reliable. Affordable. Easy. Mobile Link's cellular-based technology offers broad nationwide coverage and significant advantages over existing alternatives: - Unlike competitive Ethernet solutions, which will not operator during power outages, Mobile Link is powered by the generator's battery, eliminating the need for costly UPS systems] - Installation and setup takes less than 15 minutes - Mobile Link is the lowest cost of any existing cellular monitoring solutions - Free mobile app for iOS and Android devices available on iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon AppStore
TECHNICAL SPECS & DOWNLOADS
Installed this generator myselfProduct Review Rating: 5/5
Posted by Dan O'Neal on Jun 19, 2016
It was an easy install. poured the pad myself. Set the generator. Ran all the conduit myself but hired an electrician that had installed Generac generators and transfer switches previously to hook it up. Trenched the gas line 200 feet myself but hired a licensed plumber to hook up the gas. In all I saved myself around $10,000.00 from having a contractor install the unit for me.
Hope this is enough powerProduct Review Rating: 4/5
Posted by Jaron Wray on Apr 28, 2015
I did my own calculations and came up with around a 25kw generator to power my small home business. I have a server and a couple different computers as well as UPS back-ups. The next size up is the 27kw generator and I'd rather have a little extra just to be save. Still have to get an electrician and plumber so once it's all installed I'll leave an updated review, but I'm happy with everything so far.