Generac RD04833 48kW Protector Series Diesel Generator Features:
All the conveniences of modern living - heat, central air, refrigeration, communication - are nothing without power. When the power supply is disrupted, our lives and businesses can come to a sudden halt. An automatic standby generator protects you from power failures, restoring power within seconds of an outage, so you can have peace of mind and the power you need.
Generac’s new Protector® Series diesel generators raise the bar for residential and light commercial diesel generators. Building and zoning codes can vary wildly from one region to another. In the past, the only answer was to order expensive, custom-configured solutions. Until now.
Generac’s diesel-powered Protector Series features Code Ready, a set of popular preconfigured options and a range of code-driven accessories, so you can feel confident that your generator will be able to conform to the required local codes. The Protector Series is versatile, adaptable, meets UL requirements, and is an affordable optional standby diesel generator for your backup power needs.
Generac RD04833 Features:
- Evolution Controller: The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Quiet-Test Mode: All standby generators run a weekly test to ensure the system is running properly. Thanks to Quiet-Test, your Protector Series standby generator runs its self-test at a lower, quieter RPM than standard operation.
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Code Ready: The Protector Series offers compatibility with a variety of environments, with external vent and fill, a UL/CUL 142-listed, double-walled base tank, a UL/CUL 2200-listed generator, and a wide range of code-driven accessories.
- Additional Features:
- Ease of installation and service: External viewing window for easy inspection of generator status and breaker position / Removable doors for easy service and fuel fill access
- Isochronous Governor – electronic governor control for tight and precise load response and voltage (+/- 1%) and frequency regulation
|Tank Specifications||Total Capacity||Usable Capacity||Run Time at 1/2 Load|
|Standard Tank (gal/L)||62 / 234.7||57 / 215||25 hrs|
|Extended Run Tank (gal/L)||138.5 / 524||132 / 500||hrs|
This is my first diesel generator and I wasn't sure what to expect. The price was good and it looked like it it would power everything I needed it to. I live out in the country and need a generator for power outages, which occur frequently where I live. This generator is surprisingly quiet and I am very satisfied with its performance.
I called AP Electric thinking I knew exactly what I wanted. Turns out I underestimated my power usage. They know their stuff! They walked me through the process step by step and helped me purchase the correct generator for my needs. I shopped around and couldn't find a better deal. They even helped me find someone to install it. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!