Generac 7228 18kW Guardian Generator with Wi-Fi & 200A SE Transfer Switch Features:
Generac Guardian 7228 Home Backup Generator Features:
- Generac 7228 is an air-cooled home backup generator that runs on a Generac 816cc G-Force twin-cylinder engine with a 3600 RPM max. The aluminum cylinder block and sturdy casing make it very durable.
- The model features a dual-fuel carburetion system that runs on liquid propane or natural gas. It produces 18,000 watts on LP and 17,000 on natural gas. Changing from LP to natural gas is easy.
- The oil tank stores up to 2.2 quarts / 2.1 liters of oil. The full pressure oil lubrication system allows the engine to run efficiently for long hours. It also extends the maintenance intervals.
- The automatic transfer switch has a NEMA/UL 3R aluminum enclosure and can be installed both indoors and outdoors. Choose from 100amp 16-circuit switch or a 200amp service rated smart switch. The ATS features smart management modules to manage power for air-conditioners and similar heavy loads.
- Smart Management Module manages up to 4 air conditioners efficiently. The load management system protects the engine from overload so the generator never shuts down when you need it the most.
- G-Flex variable speed technology allows the air-cooled gas engine to operate at various speeds to adjust to the changing load conditions.
- This all-new Guardian 7228 generator can power up air conditioners, refrigerators, furnaces, sump pumps, microwaves, computers, monitors, TV, lights, and more.
- TRUE POWER™ TECHNOLOGY makes it perfect for use with modern electronics and appliances with micro-circuitry such as HVACs, refrigerators, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
- The model is cETL/ETL, cUL2200/UL2200 certified.
- Generac 7228 home backup generator with the whole-house switch is backed by a 5-year limited warranty. When you download Mobile Link, the smartphone app, the 5-Year Extended-Limited warranty worth $495 is FREE. Terms and conditions apply.
The all-new Generac 7228 home backup generator continues to power up air conditioners, refrigerators, TV, furnace, sump pumps, computers, lights, and more when grid power fails. Home standby generators by Generac are most popular with homeowners due to their low cost, durability, and reliability. Generac 7228 18kW model can be used for a medium and large-sized house. It is purpose-built for extended use. In storm-ravaged areas the power goes out for several days. You can run your Generac dual fuel generators for hours at no end until grid power is restored. Get an unlimited supply of fuel from the kitchen gas line to eliminate the need for refueling. It provides clean energy with low THD to all your household appliances. You can choose to power only the essentials or a few rooms or the whole house. The 18kW home backup generator runs as quietly as an air conditioner at only 65dBA without disturbing your sleep.
With the Generac 7228, you do not have to worry about the load. Smart Management Modules manage the smart AC and the heavy loads efficiently. A built-in voltage regulator protects against voltage spikes that can damage your appliances. It delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency. This low maintenance model has a pressure-based oil circulation system that allows users to wait 200 hours to perform maintenance tasks. The model is ideal for all weather conditions. It has an aluminum enclosure with RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish. All Generac Guardian Series generators are engineered and built in the USA using domestic and foreign parts.
Was delivered almost 4 weeks earlier than originally quoted, which was a wonderful surprise. Have called AP several times and received excellent service
I purchased the 18Kw Generac from AP Electric. There was no delivery charge, a solid plus, and the personnel that I spoke to were very helpful. It was not installed until early August because of delays with my electrical contractor. We already had a chance to test it out when a severe storm knocked out our power for about two hours. The Generac started up quickly, restored our power and ran like a charm. The transitions to start and stop running were smooth. I did have one problem with delivery. It was shipped too early while we were out of town. I was able to delay it, and the eventual delivery went smoothly. We're very glad to have our Generac backup system and I strongly recommend AP Electric.
It took me a few weeks to get it installed after I received it. Haven’t had to use it yet. Worked great when installer showed me how it works.