Champion 100199 8.5kW Generator Features:
Champion 100199 8.5kW Home Standby Generator Features:
- The Champion 100199 is a dependable affordable generator that features a robust Milwaukee Series Commercial Champion 439cc OHV engine with a maximum 3600 RPM. The engine is housed in a cast iron sleeve.
- With an automatic transfer switch, it seamlessly continues to supply power to home appliances during a grid power failure. ATS is sold separately.
- This generator uses Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic oil that increases maintenance intervals. If the oil level is low the engine shuts down to protects itself.
- The corrosion-resistant steel enclosure has Gull-wing design which allows for quick and easy service and maintenance. It has an all-weather composite mounting pad.
- It features the Champion Automatic Control Module.
- When you run it on propane, it generates 8,500 peak watts and on natural gas, it produces 7,500 watts. On a 50% load on propane, it burns 1.1 gallons per hour. While on natural gas it uses 103.2 ft3/hr on a 50% load.
- The 24V starting system ensures quick starting at temperatures as low as -30 degrees C and very high heat temperatures. 24 Volt starting system is the most powerful in the industry.
- It is a neighborhood friendly model that runs at 59.5dBA. It is quietest in its class due to its noise reduction features such as sound-dampening lining and low-tone muffler.
- This Champion 100199 needs no refueling or manual operation or extension cords.
- It automatically starts and runs for 15 minutes every week as an exercise.
- It is capable of running a 3-ton air conditioner along with other critical appliances efficiently. The premium quality power it generates protects all home appliances from damage.
- Demand Control Intelligent Load Management technology monitors usage. When more load is added it does not drop power to other appliances which can damage the product.
- It is backed by a 10-year limited warranty and FREE lifetime technical support.
The Champion 100199 8.5kW Home Standby Generator supplies your vital circuits with clean power to run the refrigerator, mini-freezer, sump pump, lights, furnace, computer, security system, TV, and more. During a utility power failure, you can rely on it to even run a 3-ton air conditioner. Whether you live in a suburb or in the countryside, you will love the super quiet and efficient performance of your Champion 8.5kW Home Standby Generator. At only 63dBA this model is one of the quietest in its class. The 8.5kW covers the emergency essentials and will run the refrigerator, air conditioner and the sump pump. You can also run your lights, fans, laptop, mini-fridge, and microwave to stay comfortable indoors.
This 60 Hz Champion Home Standby Generator produces 8,500 watts of premium quality electricity that has less than 5% total harmonic distortion. There are no voltage surges so it is safe for use with all your sensitive electronics that have the microcircuits. The model has Gull-wing doors that open to the sides to give easy access for maintenance and controls. Change spark plugs, filters, and oil drain without a hassle. You can check the oil and add more as necessary with ease. Get lifetime technical support from trained, dedicated professionals. Champion generators are tough and long lasting. They provide years of reliable backup power. All Champion products are backed by a nationwide dealer network and free technical support.
As a price-conscious home standby generator, this was a big win for my home. It arrived well packed. The installation instructions were fairly well laid out. Connections were easy to access. The unit started right up on the first attempt. It runs its weekly test cycle exactly as it should. Voltage and duty cycle settings are precise and stable. I would recommend this unit. However, make sure you hire an electrician to wire it up. There are many ways to connect this wrong if you don't have expertise on how to do so.