Briggs & Stratton 40689 12kW PowerProtect Generator with 100A 16-Circuit Transfer Switch Features:
Briggs & Stratton 12kW 40689 Generator Features:
- The all new Briggs & Stratton 12kW 40689 has improved controls and AVR. It features a powerful commercial-grade Vanguard® 623cc V-Twin engine with a maximum of 3600 RPM.
- This 60 Hz 120/240v single-phase model delivers 12kW on LP and 10.8kW on natural gas. The engine incorporates an electronic governor.
- This PP12 generator comes with a NEMA 3R automatic transfer switch (71212) with the 16-circuit Load Center and ACCM to make life easier during a power outage. It manages the distribution of back-up power to your entire house.
- This model has a weatherproof steel enclosure and is resistant to rain, ice, and snow. It can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Engine noise and vibration are reduced by the dynamically balanced crankshaft. The engine has OHV cylinders with cast iron sleeves, and the overhead valves have hardened seats.
- The Alternator works with less than 5% THD. Improved frequency (HZ) regulation results in cleaner power. This unit starts most 5-ton AC units effortlessly.
- The AVR of the Briggs & Stratton alternator regulates voltage and responds immediately to load changes. The alternator has an exceptional starting capability of 37kVA.
- Wireless monitoring allows users to check the status of the generator from remote sites using laptops, PCs, tablets and smartphones. The digital display on the controller can also be used to check the status of the unit.
- The steel enclosure allows quick access to the generator set controller for maintenance and service.
- This unit may be installed 18 inches from your house by a certified Briggs & Stratton dealer or licensed electrician.
- Listings include cUL, UL 2200 and Massachusetts Plumbers and Gasfitters Listing.
- The Briggs & Stratton 12kW 40689 is supported by a 6-year warranty that includes parts, labor, and travel.
This Briggs & Stratton 12kW 40689 generator is an emergency backup generator that keeps the family safe indoors during any power failure. It features a built-in front-facing exhaust for flexible placement options during installation. Extreme weather events can disrupt grid power supply for several hours or days. In such situations, the dual fuel gas generators prove to be the best choice as they require no refueling. This PP12 generator runs on LP and natural gas and you can switch between the two easily. When the LP cylinder runs out, you can get an unlimited supply of fuel from the kitchen gas connection and continue to run the generator until grid power is restored. With only 5% total harmonic distortion, the unit is safe for use with sensitive electronics such as computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
The ATS needs only 2-6 seconds to start the generator and manages the power supplied to all your home circuits. This Power Protect Series generator can power a 5-ton air conditioner along with other essentials. It provides the comfort of generator power without the inconvenience of manual operation. The load management system ensures the generator never overloads and shuts down. The Low Idle Mode allows you to run weekly tests at a low RPM for fuel saving. You can program automatic exercise cycles to ensure the unit is ready for the next blackout. This Briggs & Stratton 12kW generator is the right fit for small and medium sized houses and small businesses. It is well suited for seaside environments and extreme climates. The Briggs & Stratton 12kW 40689 generator is shipped free of cost and comes with free technical support for life.