Briggs & Stratton 40586 20kW Generator
20kW Briggs & Stratton 40586 is an emergency home standby generator that continues to supply power to your whole house in the event of a power breakdown. Within seconds of the outage, the generator kicks in so the two 5-ton air conditioners, major appliances, and security system continue to keep the family safe and comfortable. This all-new Briggs & Stratton model runs as quietly as an air conditioner at 64dBA and can be used for medium and large-sized homes, shops or stores.
With a Briggs & Stratton transfer switch, you can choose to run the essentials, specific rooms or the whole house. The Upgraded Control System has a multi-line LCD to check the status of the generator. Users can read diagnostic messages on the iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ device, PC or Mac® by using the InfoHub Wireless Monitoring system. Switching between LPG and natural gas fuels is easy. During storms, users get an unlimited supply of fuel from the kitchen gas line.
It produces ample power to run two 5-ton air conditioners, electric oven, sump pump, refrigerator, computers, and other household appliances. The durable enclosure is rustproof and makes it an ideal choice for seaside environments and extreme climates. This air-cooled model delivers outstanding digital voltage and frequency. With less than 5% THD, it is perfect for use with the latest computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets. 20kW Briggs & Stratton 40586 is assembled and engineered in the USA with domestic and foreign parts.
20kW Briggs & Stratton 40586 Features:
- 5 Year Limited Best in Class Warranty that covers parts, labor, and travel for the full-length of the warranty. Unlike other standby generator manufacturers, our warranty covers parts, labor AND travel for the full length of the warranty with no hidden fees.
- Amplify™ Power Management makes your backup power go further and minimizes the impact of a power outage on your life. This system allows you to prioritize the power needs of your home through the “Standby Generator Management” smartphone app. Amplify™ offers the ability to set and change priorities of high wattage appliances, as well as, monitor your generators status all from the touch of a button. Modules sold separately.
- Efficient alternator and smart automatic voltage regulator optimizes generator performance with tighter voltage control giving less than 5% THD for sensitive electronics and the ability to start a 5-ton air conditioner on 50% load.
- State-of-the-art Commercial Vanguard® Engine - the premium Vanguard® V-Twin vertical engine has been designed and engineered to deliver the most durable performance in the industry.
- Simple Control System with a low speed run to save fuel, reduce noise and tighten control.
- InfoHub™ Wifi Wireless Monitoring is the easy way to remotely monitor your generator to make sure your generator is ready for the next outage. With a subscription you can monitor on you computer or smartphone to instantly check generator system status, faults and more from home or away. Subscription and wireless gateway sold separately.
- Low Idle Mode Scheduled weekly test mode that runs at a low RPM for fewer disturbances and less fuel consumption.
- Corrosion Resistant Durable enclosure made from automotive-grade galvanneal steel to resist rust. Its advanced powder coat paint process results in years of protection against chips and abrasions.
- New charging system has an independent 3-stage battery charger which optimizes battery life (bulk, absorption, and float stage)