Briggs & Stratton 040679 26kW PowerProtect Generator with Dual 200A SE Transfer Switch Features:
Briggs & Stratton 26kW 40679 Standby Generator Features:
- The Briggs & Stratton 26kW 40679 generator features a commercial-grade Vanguard® 993cc V-2 engine operating at a maximum of 3600 RPM. It produces 26kW on LP and 24kW on natural gas.
- The new NGMax technology lets you get more power from natural gas than is produced by comparable units on the market.
- The dual 200A Transfer Switch eliminates the need for two 200-amp transfer switches in standard split 400A service homes with two 200A distribution panels. It allows you to power up specific circuits or the whole house during power outages.
- The NEMA 3R 400-amp auto transfer switch installs easily with less wiring and installation expense.
- This 60Hz model is offered in a 120/240v single-phase configuration. It operates quietly at 65 dBA and will not disturb your sleep.
- Eco-Cise shortens the exercise cycle from 5-20 minutes per week to just 16 seconds, for a significant reduction of noise and fuel consumption.
- The optional Symphony® Choice Power Management is customizable to suit your power needs. You can power just the essentials or the whole house.
- Synthetic oil shields the engine from low-temperature sludge buildup and high-temperature deposits. The oil tank stores 78 oz. / 2.31 L of oil. The full-pressure oil lubrication system makes it a low-maintenance generator.
- The Briggs & Stratton 40679 generator sets a high standard for the competition with 41kVA of motor starting power to ensure smooth and consistent startup of large loads.
- The Briggs & Stratton alternator incorporates a brushed/electronic voltage regulator. Total harmonic distortion is < 5, which is ideal for sensitive modern electronics.
- The controller has a backlit LCD that can be used to check the status of the generator. Users can get real-time generator status updates from smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs using the optional InfoHub.
- The aluminum enclosure has a Dura-Zen™ coating which is ideal for seaside environments and extreme climates. Removable panels offer quick access to the generator without the use of tools.
- Flexible installation options allow you to install your unit as close as 18” from the house. It is best to use a certified Briggs & Stratton dealer or licensed electrician for installation.
- The Briggs & Stratton 40679 generator listings include cUL, UL, and Massachusetts Plumbers and Gasfitters Listing.
- This generator is backed by a 6-year warranty (Parts / Labor / Travel). Warranty on Enclosure Surface Rust and Corrosion (Parts / Labor / Travel) is 1 year. Enclosure Rust Through (Parts / Labor / Travel) is 3 years.
The Briggs & Stratton 40679 is rated as the industry's most powerful air-cooled generator. It protects your family and home during a grid power failure. This 60HZ single-phase generator produces ample power to cover your whole house. In the event of tornadoes, blizzards, windstorms or wildfires you can run this dual-fuel generator indefinitely by connecting it to the kitchen gas pipeline when the LP cylinder is emptied. Switching between LP and natural gas is easy. Run five-ton air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, electric ovens, sump pumps, computers and all kitchen appliances so you can continue with life as usual during outages. The overload protection system prevents engine shutdown.
The Briggs & Stratton 40679 generator incorporates a 2x200-amp transfer switch that offers the comfort and convenience of generator power without the need for manual operation. The optional Symphony® ChoicePower Management can manage up to eight high wattage loads without dropping power to other appliances. The optional InfoHub wireless monitoring system allows you to check the status of your generator and get custom prompts and fault codes from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet or PC. The low harmonic distortion keeps your computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets safe from voltage variations. The ATS advanced power and load management, digital voltage regulator, commercial-grade engine, WiFi connectivity, advanced debris management, and low cost make this generator a compelling choice for discriminating homeowners.