Kohler 12RESVL-100LC12 12kW Generator with 100A 12-circuit Transfer Switch Features:
Our generators for backup power provide reliability and performance. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 12 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.* OnCue® Plus Generator Management System is standard with every RESV or RESVL generator.
- High Quality Power - Kohler generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
- Powerful - The Kohler 12 kW generator can easily start and run a 5 ton air conditioner with up to 5 kW preload.*
- Reliable - Kohler is known for extraordinary reliability and performance and backs that up with a 5-year or 2000 hour limited warranty.
- Enclosure - Bold new Kohler design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish.
- Remote Monitoring - Every 12RESVL comes standard with OnCue® Plus, our remote monitoring system, which gives you peace of mind at home no matter where you are in the world.
Kohler 12RESVL-100LC12 12kW Generator Features:
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 12RESVL at 16.8kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Series 7000 V-twin engine with efficient OHV design. operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) with single-phase generators only
- Comes with an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 12-space load center.
- Accepts natural gas fuel pressure as low as 3.5 inches
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Meets 181 mph wind rating
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
Reviewed earlier about my personal install, etc. but we had a power outage here due to ice storm in February, power was out for 5 days. Kohler generator kicked in like it was supposed to, ran for 103 hours solid, no issues. I shut it down on Friday afternoon, changed oil and filter, fired back up and it ran the rest of the day into Saturday mid day when power returned. Generator shut off perfectly. It runs weekly exercise/diagnostics on schedule with no issues. Service is easy and straight forward for the oil change and I did change out the spark plugs after power returned, easy as well. Now all the neighbors want to know what I have and stuff since I was the only house in the neighborhood with power all week....lol. Highly recommend Kohler. My first reviews is titled Great generator, simple install, did it myself, etc. You won't go wrong with Kohler in my opinion.
I have a neighbor with a frequently advertised brand of Generator.
My new Kohler impressed him compared to the one he purchased.
The Kohler is quieter, starts up faster and has a smaller foot print. He even asked me if I paid extra for the aluminum body.
It pays to shop around.
Remember, this is only a backup generator, meant to run for hours, not days or weeks. Being air cooled and running at 3600 RPM’s, it won’t hold up if you have a long term power failure. I had this problem when we had a two week long power failure. Even though I shut it down and did an oil change half way through, the generator now burns oil and doesn’t always start on weekly exercise cycles. If all you feel you need is occasional short term backup power, it’s ok the price.
Bought here and installed myself. If you have ever done any electrical work like wiring a breaker box etc, it is easy to do. I poured a 36 inch square slab to sit it on. Ran wires and had all conduit ran into basement prior to ordering. Once it arrived, which was right on time, hooking it up was easy to do. Plumbed in gas, hooked up wires the started the swap over to the transfer switch from my main panel. I took my time there, neatly building panel, marking wires, etc. Generator fired up like a charm. Ran a test with several items in the house on and it started my AC unit with barely a change in the sound at the generator. It has ran it's weekly tests as scheduled with no issues. Do some research and you can do it yourself. If your not comfortable, then by all means get an electrician or an installer to do it. Saved money by ordering here due to no sales tax charged.
Our 12kw Kohler generator arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Nice job. Also thanks for the help in sizing the generator it powers up everything we wanted to back up.
We love our Kohler 12RESVL generator that we purchased from AP Electric. We especially like the compact foot print of the generator. Much quiter than we expected. Nice generator would recommend
No problems on our odereof Kohler's 12RESVL 12kw generator with transfer switch. As promised it shipped the same day we ordered and arrived 2 days later.
Kohler 12RESVL was bought and delivered. Great air-cooled generator for my home. Hope to never need it, but have it as a back up generator for the home just in case. Thanks AP electric for the help.
You can never go wrong with a Kohler product. Very pleased with the performance of this Kohler 12kW generator. Works perfectly. Great Experience with AP Electric. shipped the day I ordered it and complete tracking information the same day I ordered it as well. It is quieter than I thought it would be. Highly recommend